Sometimes it’s not the big gifts, but the hidden costs, that break your holiday piggy bank.
Shipping can be one of those overlooked expenses.
Here are five tips to help save time and money:
1. Shop shipping discounts. USAA members can get 28% off from FedEx on domestic express shipping and 36% off international service. See usaa.com/fedex.¹
2. Avoid standing in lines. Take advantage of free package pickup from your home or office by the U.S. Postal Service.
3. Plan ahead to spend less: Shipping earlier gives you more time to use standard — and less expensive — shipping methods. The last day for standard shipping for Christmas delivery this year is Dec. 15.
4. Mark your calendar for Dec. 18. On Free Shipping Day, get deals from hundreds of online retailers — from REI to Nike. Not shopping on this day? Be sure to know the shipping costs before you check out online.
5. Mailing to the military? Visit the Military Postal Service Agency for holiday deadlines, tips for addressing packages and custom forms for shipping overseas.
USAA delivers savings on FedEx shipping.
237227 – 1116
¹The discount applies to FedEx Priority Overnight®, FedEx Standard Overnight®, FedEx 2Day®, FedEx Express Saver®, FedEx 1Day Freight®, FedEx 2Day Freight®, FedEx 3Day Freight®, FedEx International Priority® and FedEx Ground. Savings apply to transportation charges only, not to special handling fees, surcharges or other charges, including duties or taxes. Rates not available to package consolidators. Credit card required to establish an account. Discounts and availability are subject to change. © 2015 FedEx. All rights reserved.
FedEx shipping discounts are off standard list rates and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Discounts are exclusive of any FedEx surcharges, premiums, minimums, accessorial charges or special handling fees. Credit card may be required to establish an account. Eligible services and discounts subject to change. For eligible FedEx® services and rates, please call 1.800.256.6717. See the applicable FedEx Service Guide or FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff for terms and conditions of service offerings and money-back guarantee programs.
The trademarks, logos and names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners.
Use of the term “member” or “membership” refers to membership in USAA Membership Services and does not convey any legal or ownership rights in USAA. Restrictions apply and are subject to change.
Alliance services provided through USAA Alliance Services, L.L.C.